What is Groupifier?
It is a tool meant for WCA competition organizers. Its main objective is to simplify the process of splitting competitors into groups and provide the best result with minimal configuration.
What does it do?
- check Automatically calculates a suitable group size.
- check Assigns tasks to people (scrambling, judging). Allows to select scramblers manually from a list.
- check Sorts competitors by their official results, so that each subsequent group represents a better level. When told otherwise, minimizes the amount of people with the same name in each group.
- check Handles events being held simultaneous by creating separate groups for people taking part in both main and side event.
- check Generates PDFs containing scorecards, personal cards with task assignment and a summary for each round.
- check Fetches cutoffs and time limits from the WCA website and puts them on scorecards.
- check Optionally sets the number of scramble groups for each round based on advancement conditions and saves that to the WCA website, so there is no need for entering them manually.
Make sure to enter events data (cutoffs, time limits, advancement conditions) for the given competition on the WCA website first. Once this is done select the competition and a CSV file with registrations, then specify configuration options.
The tool will split competitors into groups, assign tasks to them (scrambling and judging), and finally generate scorecards, personal cards and a summary PDF (may take a while).